When you rent a home, you want to work with Landlords who respond to your family's needs. We're there to work with you to get problems resolved, and help make your experience at your rental home a happy one. We have a state of the art Maintenance Computer
System, which you can easily access to report problems, and receive updated information regarding contractors, work progress, and scheduling of repairs. We also have an assigned Property Manager to your home, as well as a backup phone number to call
Rent a home from us! You'll be glad you did! Please see FAQ's and Common Maintenance Issues below.
Emergency Maintenance: 855-559-5525( After Hours, Weekends, and Holiday )
FAQ / Common Maintenance Issues
Q: DISHWASHER DOESN'T CLEAN DISHESA: Make sure you aren't running the garbage disposal while dishwasher is running.
Q: DISHWASHER WON'T DRAINA: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher.
Q: GARBAGE DISPOSAL DOESN'T WORKA: DO NOT PUT YOUR HAND IN THE DISPOSAL. When the disposal is on, do you hear a buzz?
- If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test.
- If you do hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall before checking for items stuck in the disposal.
Q: HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONING:A:
- For Oil/Kerosene/LP furnaces: If the furnace has stopped, first check to make sure you have fuel in the tank. If you do, press the reset button on the furnace. If two reset attempts do not result in continuous heating operation, do not reset again. Call us for repairs.
- For Electric Heat and Forced Air Furnaces, check the breaker or the fuses. Check your furnace filter monthly in both cooling and heating seasons. A dirty filter causes the furnace to operate inefficiently.
- Closing or covering foundation vents in winter and opening them in summer adds to comfort and cuts energy costs. Closing storm windows, if you have them, during heating and cooling seasons will save on energy costs.
Q: HOT WATER TOO HOTA: Check thermostat on tank and turn down.
Q: NO HEATA:
- Check thermostat.
- Check that furnace covers are in properly.
- Check to see if there is a switch that looks like an ordinary light switch needing to be turned on.
- Did you pay or disconnect the utility?
Q: NO HOT WATERA:
- Check thermostat on tank for proper temperature setting and check that thermostat is not set to "vacation".
- Check and reset breaker on power panel.
- Check and reset the button next to the thermostat.>
Q: NO POWER TO PLUGS OR SWITCHESA:
- Check and reset breaker panel. Reset any GFI outlets (usually located near water in the kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms and garages).
- Check if outlet works by turning on a wall switch in the room.
- Also, please test the item that you are trying to use in several outlets to see if it's the outlet or the electronic that is faulty.
- For plumbing problems other than stopped drains or toilets, call us for repairs. If you have a stopped drain and you are unable to unstop it using the suggestions below, call a plumber. This is the tenant's responsibility. We can suggest a plumbing service company if you request us to do so.
- For stopped Drains in tub or sink, try using a rubber plunger. Pouring baking soda down the drain.
Q: PLUMBING OR FIXTURE LEAKA: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify us immediately.
Q: REFRIGERATOR TOO WARM OR TOO COLDA: Check that the thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly.
Q: SMOKE DETECTORA:
- SMOKE DETECTOR WON'T WORK WHEN TESTED:Test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery.
- SMOKE DETECTOR BEEPS: Replace battery
Q: TOILET PLUGGEDA: Plunge and test.
Q: WATER DRIPS FROM FREEZERA:
- Remove all food and store in a cooler.
- Turn off refrigerator and allow it to defrost completely./li>
- Turn refrigerator back on.
- If it continues to leak, contact us.
PPA Properties, LLC.
3215 Guess Rd
Durham, NC 27705
Phone: (919) 477-4499
Fax: (919) 287-2767
Emergency Maintenance:(After Hours, Weekends, and Holiday)
We offer a wide range of property management services to fit your needs as a landlord or home owner.